May 30, 2012

Pond of Consciousness: Running

"I wonder if the recorder is going to pick this up... People are looking at me because I'm talking to myself... A little iPod action... I don't want to run... Left, right, left, right, left, right, feeling good... Car... don't kill me... So I'm supposed to record my thoughts... why do they call it stream of consciousness... I guess because of the water imagery, but a stream... I would think thoughts are really more of a pond... Amelia Pond... I mean they are all sort of jumbled up and on top of each other, and sometimes its really more of a conversation..."No, I have a thing. It's like a plan, but with more greatness"... What do I normally think about?... Cute girl... Keep smiling... Why'd I bring this recorder... everyone is looking at me strange...Leg cramp. That's what I get for not stretching right... Why do I run? I mean who was the first person that thought-up running. Were the Romans out jogging, did the Hun's go for a fun run... Hun Fun Run in the Sun with me Mum... why did I make the Hun's British?... Were our ancestor like, "hunting our food and tilling the field is not enough exercise, maybe I'll go out on a run for two miles."... "I'm sorry sir, Mr. Adams can't sign the Declaration of Independence just yet, he's out clocking his 400-meter,"... Well, I'm sure it wasn't Franklin. He got other types of exercise... Old people walking. "Hey Marge, let's go to the park and stave off our impending death for another 48 hours." When I get old I am going to spend my time in front of the TV eating fried chicken... I'm hungry. I want Popeye's... "Well blow me down."...Should I add paragraphs when I'm writing? Does a stream of thought have paragraphs... Fat man on a little bike... It's like the circus is in town... How did they get that beach ball to balance on the thin side of that sheet of paper... Wouldn't it be great if there were dragons... I bet we would have domesticated them like dogs... A Yorkshire Burner... a Doberman Spiked Tail... I guess then we might have them abducting our women and stealing our valuables... "Hey come back with my wife and my HD-TV"... Song change... Damn you, Nelly Furtado. How did you even get on my iPod?... Oh, hello? How are you? That's fine just keep on running by... Should I ask out that cute girl at work... "Hi, would you like to get a drink sometime"... too soon. I've only worked up to polite smiling... I can engage in small talk in like two months... Maybe I'll ask her out for Christmas ... If only there were dragons stealing women. I own a sword. I would be so in... Who walks with an umbrella in the sun... well I guess geisha do... Oh look at the duck... What do you do all day, Mr. Duck. You just sit around, paddle, play in the water, pick on tourists for bread... Ducks migrate. I haven't seen a duck migrate in years... at least Geese migrate, they go home to visit Canada, ay... Hello, nurse. How are you?... Ducks are kind of lazy. They have very few responsibilities in this world, one of which is migration, but they don't migrate... Global warming. I blame Al Gore... Isn't that part of their job requirement. Doesn't that have to be on the resume when you apply for the job of Duck? If I suddenly stopped one of my job requirements, and instead decided that I was just going to paddle around and defecate on running paths, I'm sure I'd get thrown out on my ass... I don't own a donkey... Maybe God should start downsizing the duck position... "I am sorry, Mr. Mallard, but I don't think this position is quite working out for you. I am demoting you to pigeon."... "I am the terror that flaps in the night. I am the winged scrouge that pecks at your nightmares"... "Maneater, make you work hard, make you spend hard/Make you want all of her love/She's a maneater, make you back hard, make you step hard/Make you fall real hard in love"... Almost there... Almost there... Almost... Halfway done... Damn it... Does Superman go running? Does he lift weights? I mean, yeah he's got Kryptonian DNA, but does that make him automatically cut? You can be strong and not have that kind of physique, washboard abs that would make the Situation jealous... man, that was a weird reference... A barrel chest, nice pectorals... I have to assume he works out. Probably like a human would, except he does eighty laps around the world and does twenty reps with... Why do old men have a culture that makes them feel the need to work-out without their shirts on?... So much hair... Nobody needs to a sixty year old graying Wookiee on roller blades... That however... Hello.... No. Nope... Sorry, eww. I really need to start wearing my glasses when I run.... I wonder if he works out with the Flash. Maybe they have a gym membership together? Is there a Gold's Gym on the watchtower... Booster Gold's Gym... I wonder if Chewbacca ever manscaped? Wookiee-scaped? Even dogs have to go to groomers. Maybe he is o'natural... Maybe other wookiees look at Chewie the way we look at French women... Getting tired... Want to stop... Hello, there. Yeah look at me running. I can run for miles more.... new song... Rush... Damn you, Doug!... What do dog's think of the park, or of leashes? I bet they don't even know... "I rove rou raggy"... "You're gonna endanger us, you're gonna endanger our client - the nice lady, who paid us in advance, before she became a dog"... I wish I had telekinesis. It is probably one of the most powerful powers anyone can have. You can do almost anything... Unfortunately, if you get too powerful you burst into flames in the form of a phoenix, and then you have to die every time your writers sneeze or are looking for more ratings... Maybe I should tweet that... I need to tweet when I get home. It's so much pressure. It's like stand-up comedy, but you can't reuse the same material all the time, like Mark Curry... wow random Mr. Cooper reference... Maybe I can tweet that... Almost there... almost home... No, too obscure and no punchline. There is no pizazz... What kind of word is pizazz?... almost there... I bet it's Italian... You are only saying that because it sounds like pizza. I can have pizza for dinner... I'm too old for this... It's too hot... I need to stop... Who is this coming up on me. Oh you want to race, buddy? I'll race you with that gimp leg brace of yours... I'll... okay you win... Good bye... I need milk. I don't want to get milk. I can drink water... I need some bread too... I need to stop going shopping when I'm hungry. I wind up buying three bags of chicken fingers and two rolls of cookie dough... Car!... Run, run run... made it... Final stretch... work it out. C'mon, big guy... Ahhhhh... Ruuuuun.... left, right, left, curb, right, left... Whew. I'm done. Now for pizza. When do I end this stream of consciousness thing? I guess anytime I choose. Shouldn't I try to find something scholarly and profound to end on... No.

No comments:

Post a Comment