March 29, 2012

March Graphic Projects

So I have had a very busy few weeks and I must admit I have allowed my blogging to lapse. Mostly I have spent my free time consumed on a few graphic art projects that I have been creating to decorate my apartment with. So in lieu of any sort of contextual blog this week I thought I would share my art.

I call this one Geek Iconology. I wanted to create something that used all the great symbols and small visual icons of the shows/movies/books/comics/etc that I love and have enjoyed over the years. Most icons I was able to pull off the Internet, but some I had to actually recreate by hand. Ironically, it was choosing the proper arrangement that actually proved to be the hardest part of this piece. See how many you can recognize. 

I call this one The Block and the Bold. I was inspired by the minimalist artwork I have been checking out lately online, and I really wanted something that would prove to be iconic but without infringing on any copyright laws. The objects was to make the characters visually recognizable but still within minimalist constraints. I tried to limit the use of colors for each character and for the whole piece, however I was forced to use four different types of green. Everything is created with manipulated shapes (mostly blocks) created in Photoshop.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Adam,
    I'd love to create a free watchface fot the Pebble watch with your geek symbols.
    Are you okay with that ? If yes, could you provide me an higher resolution image ?

    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! Help me out, what is the third one in the third row?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's Green Lantern!
    What is the last symbol from the fifth row!! I'm struggling to remember...

    ReplyDelete