January 25, 2012

Geek Style

So I have been busy the past few weeks moving into a new apartment. I have learned a few things during this process: One, I learned that when the cable guy says he'll be there between 2 and 4 pm, don't expect him till 6 pm; and Two, you should always measure your doorways before buying a couch. However, now that a lot of the heavy lifting has been taken care of I have turned my attention to decoration. I suppose I could always just throw some movie posters on the wall and call it a night, but where's the fun in that?

I have always preferred a more subtle approached to my geekdom, which is why I was so thrilled to find so many artistic options to display my love of video games, comics, and movies. Also, (being an artist at heart) I have decided to add a few of my own pieces to what will be my home gallery of geek art. Below I have listed some of my favorite options, as well as where you can view and purchase them. I hope you enjoy.

My favorite piece by an artist named
Danny Haas, he has more than just Superman.
Check out his work and buy some prints
at Society6 Art.
I love the old time look of posters like this.
This particular one comes in a pack with four
other BSG themed posters and can be found
at ThinkGeek.com.

This poster comes in a pack called the
Blue Sun Travel Series and it displays
locales found through the Firefly 'Verse.'
It can also be found at ThinkGeek.com.
Pretty self-explanatory, but I like how it
mimics the old British wartime posters.
I picked it up on Amazon.com.

 







For the minamalists out there I found this great
painting by artist Greg Guillemin. He also has
some great Iron Man and Batman prints at
his page at Society6 Art.
Here is a great one of classic Nintendo character, Bomberman
looking more bad a$$ than ever. You can find it along
with similar others at the Geek Art Store.
 

 

This next one is art to the evolutionist
and gamer alike. This print along with
others can be bought at the
Pop Chart Lab.
Here is a great classical representation of everyone's favorite
pointy-eared icon (not Spock), Link, from Legend of Zelda.
It is by Jude Buffem and can be purchased at Jude' site.























A great take on an old classic that harkens
back to the dark days of the 90's. This print is
Jorsh Pena and can be found on Society6 Art.
This last one is an Adam J. Brunner original. It was inspired
by art I looked at while I was shopping in IKEA. Instead
of showing some kind of boring city I decide to go with a
place we would all much rather visit.





















For more great geek art ideas I recomend that you browse Society6 Art; ThinkGeek.com; or check out Geek-Art.net. Because why just put anything on your walls when you can be putting up pure awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment